Monday 29 June 2015

Learning Korean


Bed - Chimdae
As some of you may know, I'm learning Korean.  Why?  You know that feeling you get when it's something your soul just desires.  I get that feeling when I see and hear things Korean.
Right now I'm trying really really really hard to learn how to pronounce and speak Korean.  However, I am terrible!  So bad!  I always forget everything.  I hear it and then 3 seconds later, I've forgotten.
My Songsangnim (선생님 - teacher) asked us the other day how much we remember after a few days.  Most of us admitted we remember barely anything (me, I remember nothing!!!).
Being the bless that she is, she gave us a tip on how to learn.  Revise a word a day. At the end of the week revise those words again and most would've been forgotten ... At the end of the month review all the words again.  And again most words would've been forgotten.

How does this help?  Well, eventually (probably decades later) we will remember those words.  
So, Papi is going to be my remember a word a day.  Let's see how well I do. I'll try to update this as much as possible.
Hello, is this Papi's house?

No comments:

Post a Comment