Friday 25 September 2015

Space Kitty

Recently I've have been re watching Prof Brian Cox documentaries about our weird and wonderful and incredible universe. 
I'm the type of person to get carried away with the excitement one has to offer about their field. 
Thankfully astronomy is something I find incredible, then add a touch (A LOT) of physics and my brain shatters into a million tiny pieces and reflects like exploding stars. 
Prof Brian Cox has ignited that wee little dream I had as a 12 year old girl. A short lived dream, that is. 

At the ripe old age of 12 when life starts asking you the big questions, those really big questions, like, what do you want to be when you grow up? 
I had no idea! I wasn't really good at anything or passionate about anything.  Not much has really changed, but in one brief moment in time... I had a dream.

I couldn't believe my lucky stars that Houston had  NASA.  I loved Apollo 13.  Watched it all the time. 
But like most children I couldn't get past the incredible playground NASA had to offer.  It was out of control awesomeness. 
But I grew weary of it in time and found my stepdad who was in his little big brained nerdy element. 
He started explaining things to me and how incredible our universe is and how important space exploration is and what our solar system looks like and where we sit and how important we are... 
I was hooked! 
It was like a blurry wild dream. 
We took a little shuttle bus cart thing ride to the control room... 
It was empty and no one was talking to the astronauts.
I wanted to be there... I wanted to talk to astronauts! 
I wanted to be an astronaut! 
I wanted to be a rocket scientist! 
I wanted to be an astro physicist (not that I knew that word back then)

But that dream was short lived and shattered when I realized that I wasn't a child genius and my brain was far too small and slow for such an amazing field. 
I was lost. 
My dream was gone. 
And have now been searching for a dream that doesn't exist. 
As my dream belongs to the stars, the intelligence and high IQ I never had.
I shall now become one of those mothers that passes their expectations of their children fulfilling their dream.
Vote Papi for the first kitty on Mars!

No comments:

Post a Comment