Tuesday 6 October 2015

|| Squish ||

There's no denying that I love my cat, Sir Papi-pants.  He's all kinds of delicious fluffiness.  I honestly just can't control how much I love him. 
I'm always nom nomming him.  Too delicious with his delicious little face and delicious existence! *salivating*

But there's more to him than he's obvious deliciousness.  *SO DELICIOUS!*

I have countless amounts of people perplexed how I could love a cat so much (society considers dogs as an elite species that is worthy of obsessive human love).  It's honestly a mind boggling thing for them to come to terms with. 

Shame for them really. 

The thing that makes Papi unique to me is that I adopted him as a young adult and he chose me.  I did not choose him. 
Therefore, he knew that special bond we were going to have long before I knew.

Another thing is that I have ME/CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or possibly Fibromyalgia - these diseases are hard to diagnose) and I find life incredibly difficult.  And he doesn't need excessive amount of attention (even though he loves our walks and will try his very best to get me outside with him).

Also, I am single with no one to fall back on.  It's me, myself & Papi. 
Papi gives me a light at the end of my very bleak black tunnel.  And a love that I never thought I was worthy of due to my illness. 

He gets frustrated that I'm not well and that I spend most of my spare time in bed not spending all my time and energy taking him for walks and adventures, but he gets past it and curls up around my feet as I nap.
He deals with my panic attacks and then indulges me and my manic nom nom kisses as I reach for him for comfort. 
He puts up with my craziness and still loves me. 

And that's pretty much why I will always choose him above everything else! 


There are thousands of cats & dogs (chickens, bunnies, birds etc) that are in desperate need of a loving home.  Please adopt and don't shop.  Rescue an animal that may not see tomorrow.  It's the best decision I have ever made. 
Visit your local rescue centre or RSPCA to find your new best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment