Friday 19 February 2016

Lessons With Papi - Intergalatic Planetary

I'm completely fascinated with our universe. It's incredibly complex and mysterious. And every so often it gives us a little view into its complexities and history (as it takes many millions of Earth years for us to receive the light) into the slow death of our universe.

"Life just like the stars & planets & galaxies is just a temporary structure on the long road from order to disorder." - Brian Cox 'Wonders of the Universe'

This to me, this is so comforting. Religion never eased my sense of placement or purpose, but astronomy, cosmology, particle physics, quantum physics and all the other many sciences that go into discovering and ultimately understanding our existence, comforts me. 

"Our true significance lies in our ability & our desire to understand & explore this beautiful universe." - Brian Cox 'Wonders of the Universe'

I now no longer need a purpose or place on this earth. Sheer existence is enlightening/fulfilling enough for me. As long as the human race continues to learn to understand our universe, the less lonely I feel. 

"We are what the cosmos made conscious. Life is the means by which the universe understands itself." - Brian Cox 'Wonders of the Universe'

Vocab: 
행성 (haengseong) - Planet
달 (dal) - Moon
별 (byeol) - Star

No comments:

Post a Comment